Areas of Practice
STEPHENS, GOURLEY & BYWATER
is an Association of Professional Law Corporations that was established in 1999 by David A. Stephens, R. Vaughn Gourley, and Gordon E. Bywater, for the purpose of providing "client-first" service in diverse areas of the law.
The attorneys at STEPHENS, GOURLEY & BYWATER
emphasize practice in the following areas of law:
- State and Federal Regulatory Issues, UCC matters, Loan Documentation.
- (Creditor & Debtor): Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13.
- Business and Planning:
- Establishment of Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Reorganizations, Dissolutions, Sale of Business, Buy-Sell Agreements, Licensing.
- Commercial Litigation:
- General Civil Litigation, including, but not limited to: Business Litigation, Collections, Contract Litigation, Real Estate Litigation.
- Mechanic's Liens, Bond Claims, Defects.
- Estate Planning:
- Wills, Trusts, Living Wills - Medical Powers, Guardianships.
- All aspects of Franchising relating to Franchisors and Franchisees.
- Litigation, Licensing, and General Gaming.
- Estate Administration through the Judicial Process.
- Public Agency & Public Service Commission
- Real Estate:
- Civil Litigation, Purchases & Sales, Leases, Financing, and Condemnation.
- Preparation and/or review of Contracts, Leases, Agreements, Notes, Guaranties.
- Water & Natural Resources
- Personal Injury
- Zoning & Land Use:
- All issues pertaining to real property, County, State or Federal.